Opinions Canada seeks to provide a venue for Canadian political bloggers.
OC seeks to exclude as little as possible based on political opinion. Ideologies that have a certain traction in the world of politics are welcome, from anarchism to zionism.
- The principal blogger(s) must be Canadian.
- Blogs are expected to deal with 1) politics, or 2) current events or 3) social commentary susceptible to interest political bloggers.
Examples of #3:
- Any issue that could be a subject of public policy, e.g. environment, health, military, crime, disabilities. etc
- Any philosophical blogs that deal with political issues.
- Blogs that deal largely with religion as a political and social force.
OC Canada does not accept blogs that
- Promote racialism, terrorism, pedophilia or other extremely deviant forms of sexual behaviour.
- Contain nude, gory or disturbing images on the front page. Blogs that occasionally show such pictures for illustrative purposes are fine. Pornography is not acceptable.
- Do not generally follow the rules of punctuation and spelling, or that use chat lingo or that regularly use vulgar language. The occasional use of expletives is tolerated. Constructing every other sentence with a vulgar word is not.
That being said, I reserve the right to exclude any blog for any reason whatsoever.... Just to cover my butt. Anything that is too
weird might be left out.
Back to Opinions Canada